Working on the old music adage of “build it and they will come”, The Breakout module combines a hybrid multimedia online promotion together with live concerts and festivals that deliver the perfect package to successfully launch, or authenticate, a band’s career. Whether taking a band from relative obscurity to performing at MTV’s World Stage (BreakOut Award Winner 2009), securing TV synchronization deals with global broadcasting media companies and film producers (Breakout Nominee & Award Winner 2011, 2010), or taking a band’s music directly onto the desk of a record label executive (Breakout Winner 2008, 2009, 2010); the Breakout Music Awards is making the difference to independent and unsigned bands across the UK and the world.
Put simply, the Breakout promotes new Artist by providing them with a range of invaluable resources to get there music heard and recognized by connecting them with new audiences and key industry decision makers through both a viral multimedia platform and high profile live performances.
This has made the Breakout Music Awards a symbol of excellence, recognised amongst the UK, European and Asian music fraternity. The successes achieved by the BMA go far beyond those of any other event of its kind; mirroring The BreakOut's experience in developing and breaking new acts.
All entries must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 30th April 2012.
Before nominating a band please refer to the guidelines provided.
Independent Labels Nominations
Independent record labels may nominate up to 3 bands.
Unsigned, self-releasing or independent bands can self-nominate in their respective genres.
Music fans may nominate up to a total of 2 bands.
The 12-person board, which are closely involved in the promotion and provision of services to the eventual BMA winners, is made up of music executives, venue operators, labels, festival & film producers and music publishers & media licensing.
The final regional shortlisted nominated bands (normally 20 in each genre per region) are then uploaded to the BreakOut website and “Incubator” where there music is instantly promoted to a UK and international audiences.
Details of the members and companies will be provided to all Nominated bands, but can also be found by CLICKING HERE.
In the same way a real incubator maintains the perfect temperature, nutrition, moisture and light to create the conditions to sustain life. The BreakOut “Incubator” will act as a booking agent – that informs and assist bands to get on JMG’s & JML’s support circle and festivals; As a promoter - maintaining a highly visible and constant promotion of the band through viral marketing strategies, newsletters and packaged programmes aired at venues and student unions across the UK and Europe; As a PR company - professionally representing the band and connecting them with record label’s executives, radio stations, press and media; As a Licensing procurer- creating TV & Film synchronization opportunities to turn the band’s music into a viable commercial asset. Any revenues generated by the shortlisted nominated bands through the viral marketing and promotion will remain 100% with the band.
All shortlisted nominated bands uploaded to the BreakOut multimedia promotion platform, will be required to pay £35 (inclusive of VAT), which represents the cost for maintenance of their page, newsletter design, mail-outs, viral marketing and advertising, representation to affiliated music companies etc.BreakOut Music Awards
To further assist shortlisted nominated bands widen their profile and fan base across the UK. The Breakout Music Awards booking dept will arrange headline slots (for the highest web voted bands) at venues such as The Cavern, Riverside, ABC Glasgow and UK O2 Academy2. These shows give bands the ability to tour and promote recently released single/albums in different cities and make a real “live” connection with those contacts and fans generated by the BreakOut “incubator”. These shows are recorded and then featured on the Breakout music website under “BreakOut Live Sessions”
Visitors can vote for bands by posting their votes. Web voting will begin once the band has been uploaded to the website and run until the advertised closing date of the 29th February 2012. Some regions may have a different closing date, details can be found at the breakout website and will be provided to all nominated bands.
While the Breakout machine continues to promote bands to all areas of the music business and gets new fans to listen to their songs, it will also requests that visitors vote for their best Breakout band in each genre.
The shortlisted nominated bands with the highest web votes in their respective genre will become the BreakOut Regional Nominees and will be invited to perform at the BreakOut Music Awards Regional Nominees Live Shows*.
These press driven, live concerts will take place at the O2 Academy and other listed UK venues and are also recorded on Pro-tools and HD cameras giving bands a live recording of their set.
The best two bands from each region, decided by the music members board, audience and internet votes, will become the 2012 UK Breakout Nominees in their respective genres and will be invited to perform at the BreakOut Music Awards at AMG’s award winning O2 Shepherds Bush Empire in London in October 2012.
*Please note that in some UK regions there will be more than one show, depending on the amount of bands that have been shortlisted.
The 2012 Breakout Music Awards will take place at AMG's award winning O2 Shepherds Bush Empire in London where the UK's and International Breakout Nominees will perform to a host of international media, music executives of the major record labels and music companies, publishers and festival producers.
The BreakOut Award winners, announced at the end of the night, are decided by the panel of music executives - responsible for implementing the promotion of the 2012 BreakOut Award Winners- press and audience.The BreakOut Winners
Award Winners will not be given a “token” trophy, but a full long term promotion contract to assist the band and their management (if they have one) with music services and a headline slot at the annual BreakOut festival, which for 3 years was held in the Maldives and Malaysia.
Here are some of the BreakOut Award Winner’s Rewards
- UK Tour including dates at Academy Music Group’s 02 Academies
- A Pro-Tools live recording from the 02 Academy concert.
- Endorsements procurement
- Exposure and promotion in the UK main national music magazines.
- Promotion & Plugging on UK Radio
- Promotion on all Jar Music Live’s multimedia platforms
- Tour dates in Europe (Juwenalia festival)
- Performance @ the BreakOut Festival
- Supports of RCA’s Int touring Artist
- Assistance with producers and studio time
A full list of music services, tours and festivals will be provided to all Shortlisted Nominated bands.
- To enter, all nominations must be from bands who are either unsigned, own their own label, or signed to an independent label.
- Nomination submissions to The BreakOut Music Awards 2012 will be accepted from 10th November 2011 thru to the final deadline at 5pm on Monday 9th January 2012.
- Entrants/Nominees must fully complete a submission form and provide a link to a website or social networking site (facebook, myspace, last fm, soundcloud, reverbnation) where the band's recent songs can be reviewed by the Breakout Music Members Board.
- Cover bands or cover songs are strictly prohibited.
- Entrants/Nominees must be 16 or over with an upper age limit of 35.
- Entrants/Nominees must be in a band containing no less than 3 members.
- Entrants/Nominees live set-up must contain no less than 50% of traditional instruments.
- Entrants must provide their facebook and website where their current songs/album are uploaded so the BreakOut Music Members Board can listen to them.
- All self-nominating bands must complete the relevant submission form in full.
- Bands can only be nominated in one genre. Where multiple entries have been made for the same band, The BreakOut awards will decide the most appropriate genre.
- Right of Refusal of entry: The BreakOut Music Awards maintain the right to refuse or revoke entry to any applicant, where they believe that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include submissions where acceptance is considered by The BreakOut Music Awards to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, volunteers & other entrants.
- By entering The BreakOut Music Awards, applicants agree to abide by our terms and conditions as stated. Any music submitted can be used by The BreakOut Music Awards in the promotion of the event via our social networks or www.jarmusiclive.com. All copyright will remain with the composer and performer and the BreakOut will not infringe upon these rights.
- The BreakOut Music Awards maintains the right to cancel or postpone the live shows or award ceremony at any time so long as they give a 7 weeks notice.
Nominee Live show will take place at ABC Glasgow.
Nominee Live show will take place at o2 Academy Liverpool.
Nominee Live show will take place at o2 Academy2 Birmingham.
Nominee Live show will take place at o2 Academy Islington (London).
Pop Rock, Brit Pop, Pop
Punk, Powerpop, Electro,
Funky & Blues
Fusion Rock (
Ska, Reggae, Dub,
Alternative, Jazz, Soul)
Indie Electro, indie Pop,
Acoustic Indie, Alternative
Garage Rock, Groove
Metal, Grunge, Progressive
Rock, Emo, prog Rock,